1. Funding focus must be consistent with the mission of Interra Cares Foundation:
Living the credit union philosophy of People Helping People, the mission of the Interra Cares Foundation is to make a positive impact on the lives of the people served by Interra Credit Union and in the communication in which we do business, through:
- Financial education and economic empowerment
- Lifting up those in need and community outreach, which serve enhance the quality of life in those communities.
2. Funding requests should demonstrate specific goals with measurable results.
3. Recipients of Interra Cares Foundation funding most:
- Be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Support recipients located in communities served by the Interra Credit Union.
4. Interra Cares Foundation does not fund:
- Endowment campaigns
- Individuals or individual projects
- Religious organizations
- Political causes or candidates
- Operating expenses
- Reduction or liquidation of debt
The Foundation board of directors retains discretionary flexibility with regard to award recipients and funding.
Interra Cares Foundation, at the discretion of the board, may solicit or accept emergency requests.
A supporting presentation by an applicant may be requested by the board.
Generally, priority consideration will be given to organizations that have not recently been funded by Interra Cares Foundation, but an organization may submit an application at any time.
Applications for funding will be considered on a quarterly basis, as scheduled below:
Questions about the Interra Cares Foundation or the application may be directed to:
Karen Steffensen, Executive Director
Phone: 574.534.2506, ext. 7251
Online Donation Tools — Coming Soon!